Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Great Fund Raising Piano Concert From Rare Disorders Society Singapore

Our family plus my parents in law attended the RDSS organized fund raising Piano Concert in KK Woman & Children Hospital in Singapore on 3 Sep 11. It was a very rushing trip, my girls were at KL for their infusion on 2 Sep 11. Then we were at Singapore the next afternoon. Nevertheless I enjoyed the concert very much. RDSS has done a great job. All the children that appeared on stage had tried their very best to play the pieces that I believed they have practiced for some time. Though some may have showed a little bit of panicky, but they never quit and played on.

My attention was attracted to 2 of the presenters. One of them is the little girl Adelyn that is blind with a rare eye disorder. She is in her 9 or 10 years old (can't remember clearly now), she had really played whole heartedly; you will be able to sense the extra energy that she had put in on the keyboards. Despite her vision loss, her pieces were so touching. I would still give her perfect 10 even though she is not blind, there is no difference at all...

There was another great presenter, a young chap at 13 years old if I was not wrong. I was enjoying his music, but could not tell where the music comes from...It felt strange to me that I had never heard of it before. I love to listen to classical music but just haven't heard it before. It was only when he had completed both pieces and when the MC interviewed him that it was revealed both songs were actually composed by him. I just can't believe my ears...At the time of his presentation, I noted that he was a talented player but I would never expect his talent is so much more.

Then Patricia (RDSS's president) went up stage to share a note written by a recently passed away little angel, Xin Er's mother. The feeling was very heavy. But I got to salute Xin Er as she had fought her battle in a warrior way though she lost at the end of the battle.  My tears run down when Pat's nieces started singing the song "Firefly" in Mandarin....A lot of mixed feeling...

At the end of the session, I got a chance to carry Chloe (Pat's daugther with Pompe) and we have taken photos too. She is left to fight on without Xin Er around but I see her strong fighting spirit and her parents too. I think she will be grow up just like Wei Ling one day. Wish her well...

There are 3 videos's that I am attaching with this blog, take a look yourself...I was trying to upload but it took hours and not done by. So, I settled for attaching the link. Once you move your moust to the text for few seconds, you will see a line appeared under the text. Click on the text again, it will direct you to the youtube page.


Little Adelyn
Little composer
Tribute to Xin Er


KF wrote on 15 Sep 11

No comments: